As a general rule, a Cadre manages the arbitration proceedings as below:
A party or parties refer a dispute to Cadre by logging on to https://resolve.atthecadre.com and submitting the case details, uploading documents as required and paying the requisite fees.
- After reviewing the details and submissions, a Cadre Case officer appoints an arbitrator within 5 working days from a panel of Cadre Certified arbitrators.
- Once a Cadre Certified Arbitrator has been appointed, the arbitrator issues instructions on how to proceed.
- Parties use the technology enabled Cadre platform to submit their claims or counter-claims or evidence or other documents and submissions.
- At each stage of the proceedings and at each submission, the technology enabled Cadre platform ensures that all parties and the arbitrator receive appropriate notifications thereby ensuring transparency.
- The Cadre Case Officer also ensures that communications and updates are sent from time to time.
- The Cadre Case Officer ensures that the arbitral process is completed within 15 working days from the time an arbitration is invited.